If your schedule is anything like mine, your day planner may look like a flight schedule for LAX. Let’s face it, maintaining healthy habits can be difficult, especially if you are constantly on the run. No matter how busy we get, we always have to make time to not only eat healthy but plan to stay healthy. This includes both the mental and physical aspects of good health. The busier you are, the more difficult this is, but it is not an impossible feat.
So, why do we work ourselves that hard? We need our hearts to function on every level possible, since the heart is the most vital organ in our body. Another vital organ is our brain. The heart and brain work together to keep you alive, and to keep other organs functioning. It’s natural to want to do it all, be we have to remember… there’s only 24 hours in one day, and there will always be more to do. The good news is, if we practice self-care, we will be more relaxed, more efficient, and better able to concentrate and accomplish more, as opposed to driving ourselves to empty and accomplishing less.
Here are some ideas that can help you get started towards your enjoyment:
- Maintain healthy eating habits.
- Get consistent sleep.
- Make a list of things you want to do and do them.
- Commit to regular exercise.
- Set aside 30 minutes of ME time every day.
- Meditate or pray.
- Stay positive.
- Listen to music.
- De-clutter your house and your life.
- Laugh as much as possible. Watch a funny movie or TV show. Read the comics or a joke book. Listen to a friend tell funny stories. Laughter is good medicine.
- Be open to change.