French Apple Tart
prep 25 MIN
bake 40 MIN
2 PointsPlus® Values
4 Golden, Delicious apples, peeled, halved, cored, and cut crosswise into ¼-inch slices
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from 17.3 ounce package0, thawed
6 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
Fresh Rosemary sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Unfold puff pastry onto lightly floured surface. With floured rolling pin, roll pastry to 10 x 14 rectangle. Place on prepared baking sheet and refrigerate 10 minutes.
3. Stir together 1 tablespoon of the sugar and flour in small bowl. Stir together remaining 5 tablespoons sugar, the lemon zest, and chopped rosemary, if using , in another bowl.
4. Sprinkle flour mixture over pastry to ½ inch form edge, Arrange apple slices on pastry in 4 rows, starting at short side and overlapping slices, Sprinkle apples with sugar mixture.
5. Bake until pastry is browned and apples are tender, about 40 minutes, Loosen tart from parchment with spatula and slide onto wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with rosemary sprigs, if using.
Per Serving (1/12 of tart); 89 g. 73 Cal, 1 g Total Fat, 0 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 0 mg Chol, 17 mg Sod, 13 g Total Carb, 13 g Total Sugar, 2 g Fib, 1 g Prot, 43
Recipes and images reprinted from Weight Watchers PointsPlus™ Cookbook 2010 Weight Watchers International, Inc. All rights reserved.