Serves 12 at 5 PointsPlus® value
- 3 medium eggplant, sliced about ¼ inch lengthwise
- 3 small zucchini, small diced
- 3 summer squash, small diced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and small diced
- 1small sweet onion, small diced
- 15-20 basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups low fat shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ cups store bought tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13-baking dish and set aside.
Lay eggplant slices in a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes to partially cook it.
In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook onion for couple minutes then add rest of diced vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and the basil. In a small bowl combine ricotta, eggs, and mozzarella cheese with some salt and pepper. Set aside. When all vegetables are ready assemble the lasagna.
Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan. Lay half of the eggplant slices, slightly overlapping them. Add some tomato sauce and then sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese. Spread half of the vegetables over the sauce, and then spread half of the cheese mix over that. Repeat one more time the process, ending with some tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes.
Lasagna can be baked the day before.Simply let it cool, slice it, refrigerate and then when ready reheat in the oven for about 20 minutes. You might need a bit more tomato sauce to pour over just before serving.